Friday, August 21, 2009

One Week Down

I never thought I would make it, but here I sit, having survived my first week of Nursing School. Overall, it went good. I am blessed with wonderful teachers (at least I feel that way now!) Going to a Catholic School, at any age, is priceless (Uh-hem, well it dose have a hefty monetary fee, but I am speaking figuratively here).

I was surprised to see so many older people in the class. That was a relief. I am sure that relating to my classmates would make things a little easier. There are also a lot of guys in the class, which I think is great. I love it when guys cross those lines of stigmatism's. More women should do things like that.

I feel like I have already learned so much. The healthcare world fascinates me!!

The kids got off to a great start too! The also have wonderful teachers and classmates! Today Matthew went for his first full day of Kindergarten. Seeing all 4 of the kids walking to school was a tearful moment, but as I walked back into the house I have to admit, I danced a little jig.

Rita and Joseph have also adjusted better than I expected. My mom has been great. What would we do without our mothers. Well, we wouldn't even be here, would we?

I have to admit though, yesterday I did have a breaking moment, but I was spared a lot of heartache when I entered the Chapel at Aquinas. I knelt before Jesus in the Tabernacle, and wept. I really felt like I couldn't do this. How could God expect me to do all of this? Go to school, take care of my family, and do the things that go along with it all.

But, there in the presence of Christ I gave it to Him. I prayed that He would use me as a tool to spread His Word and take care of His people. I happened to be looking down the entire time, and just as I said, "Lord, how can I do this?" I looked up, and my eyes were fixed on the crucifix. I gasped, and thought, "Through your Love and Mercy, I can do this!" I jesus did that, then I can do this. I left my troubles at the foot of the cross!! Praise Jesus!!

I felt compelled to read the book of Psalms, and there just so happened to be a Bible in front of me. Maybe my guardian angel put it there, knowing I was at a week moment. I read a few of the Psalms that pertained to me, and a sense of peace came over me just as quick as the turmoil had. I have to remember to turn to Him more. All the answers lie within Him.

So I am sitting here, thanking God for His love and all the blessings!!!

Me


No comments:

Post a Comment