Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Change

Change is looming in the clouds above me. Ready to strike its claws into me. I know I am very nostalgic, and so are my kids. We can realize when a moment is special and never to be had again. Especially, my son Billy (9).

The kids start school on Thursday, even Matthew does for his first day of Kindergarten. I have orientation on Friday and begin my classes on Monday. Life will never be the same again.

We will now have rushed mornings, homework filled afternoons, and late nighters consumed with study for me. Time will pass us by so quickly, we will look back and wonder what happened.

Last night, when I was trying to fall asleep, fear overcame me. What am I doing? How do I possibly think I can pull off of this off? Our hectic life is going to be 10 X's more hectic. Am I going to still be able to devote my life to my husband and children?

And right then and there I made a decision. I will do this! This is God's Will for me and my family. He wants me to do this! Therefor, He will see me through this! I will lean on Him!

I prayed for wisdom, strength, and courage. I made a commitment to myself. I am going to wake up every morning, say my morning offering, and give the day to God. I will tend to the needs of my husband, my children, and my school stuff, and what I don't get done, I will give it to the Lord! There is nothing more I can do. I give 100% and God picks up my slack.

I have never felt a stronger push to do something. You know how sometimes we say, "Lord, show me what you want me to do!" Well, I didn't have to say that. It just happened. I had to jump over so many hurdles to get to this point, and there are so many more to jump.

In the midst of my own self saga, the kids are also going through changes in their lives. Mary Hailey will be in the 6th grade... AKA, Middle School! I didn't tell her this, but I vividly remember 6th grade (I went to the same school as her) and it was horrific. I barely got out alive!!! But she is a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better student than I ever was. I am sure she will do fine. This is basically a new school for her. (she went there for Kindergarten and 1st grade) Billy and Scott are starting at the school also for the very first time.

Scott was homeschooled last year and despises school. I am praising God everyday that he has a Dominican Sister as his 2nd grade teacher. Maybe she can straighten his little bum out. =)

And my Matthew, off to Kindergarten. This will be the first time he goes to school. I don't know what it is about him, but I will be crying my eyes out. He has the largest heart of anyone I know. You just wouldn't believe this kid. You know the quote in the Bible, how we should have the heart of a child....something like that, well that's him, giving, kind, thoughtful, but still a normal, mischievous 6 year old.

So anyways, I will write more as the days unfold and our ship sets sail. I pray the waters are smooth and Jesus will be with us when the storms hit!!

Immediately he spoke to them and said,
"Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
Then he climbed into the boat with them,
and the wind died down.
They were completely amazed.
Mark 6:51

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment